Protein Granola - Barre Base
With Raspberry, Banana and Vanilla Compote
Method: Protein Granola
- 1/2 Cup Roughly chopped almonds
- 1/4 Cup Sunflower seeds
- 1/4 Cup Pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 Cup Dried cranberries or chosen fruit
- 1/4 Cup Shredded coconut
- 1 Cup Fresh rolled oats
- 2 TBSP Coconut oil
- 1 TBSP Maple syrup, or honey
- 1 1/2 scoops Inline Protein powder (choc or vanilla is fine)
- 1 TBSP Cacao/cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Maca/lucima or mesquite for an added health boost! (optional)
- Melt the coconut oil in a pot until clear and add maple syrup or honey.
- Add protein powder and cacao and whisk until smooth.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and combine well so all the dry ingredients are covered slightly in the oil mixture.
- Tip the mixture into a shallow roasting dish so that it is in one layer.
- Bake at 180 Celsius for 10mins or until the granola is golden and toasted.
This can keep for a few days in the fridge and be used on top of fruit for breakfast, or like we have on top of a compote.
- For the compote we simmered raspberries and a vanilla pod on the stone with a dash of water until they were cooked through, then added banana until soft and warmed through.
Leave a comment