Protein Balls for the Boys- By Amber-Marie
Another awesome recipe from our nutrition superstar Amber-Marie. Check out her Facebook page here: Better Eating by Amber-Marie
Super quick to make and relatively cheap when using oats and peanuts. Also no need for a food processor for blending ingredients. Makes enough for a cricket team.
- 1 1/2 C of rolled oats
- 1/2 C of vanilla protein powder (Inline Nutrition the best)
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1 Tb of chia seeds
- 1/3 C of finely chopped roasted peanuts
- ½ C of peanut butter
- 3 Tb of honey
- 1 tsp. of vanilla essence
- 1/3 C of sultana/ coconut threads/ dark choc chips
- 2-4 Tb of water
- Add oats, protein powder, cinnamon, chia seeds and peanuts in a large bowl.
- Add peanut butter, honey, and vanilla essence. Stir to combine.
- Add sultanas, coconut and choc chips – mix should be crumbly.
- Slowly add in water, one tablespoon at a time, stirring til it forms a sticky ball – may need to add more water.
- Roll into balls (don’t be bothered if too sticky – will dry out)
- Store in fridge until ready to eat – they freeze well too.
Leave a comment