Pancakes feel like the ultimate breakfast treat – especially on the weekend!
While they look and taste amazing, they don’t have to be unhealthy! Adding protein and not using any refined sugar means that you can indulge while still feeling great and staying on track with your health and fitness goals. The protein powder will keep you feeling satiated for longer, and also means you have a good excuse to eat them post-workout too! This recipe can easily be adjusted to suit many different dietary requirements (GF, dairy-free, vegan etc).
- 1.5C plain flour (can sub GF flour)
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1-2 scoops of Inline Lean Protein Powder (vanilla or vanilla-berry flavour)
- 1.3C milk (can use dairy or non-dairy milk)
- 2tsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 small/medium ripe banana
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- either 1 egg or one chia/flax egg (mix 1Tbsp chia seeds or ground flaxseeds with 2Tbsp water and leave to set for 5 minutes)
- For toppings: maple syrup, coconut yoghurt, berries or other fruits!
- Mix the milk with the vinegar/lemon juice, stir together then set aside for 5 minutes
- If you’re using a chia seed/flax egg, make that now (mix 1Tbsp chia/flax with 2Tbsp water), set aside for 5 minutes
- Mash banana in a large mixing bowl
- Add sifted flour, protein powder and baking powder into the large mixing bowl with banana
- Add the wet ingredients (milk+vinegar, egg, vanilla essence)
- Whisk together until fully combined and no lumps remain
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat, pour batter into the pan to make your desired size pancakes. When bubbles appear all over the pancake surface, flip over and cook for a further minute or two until golden brown on both sides.
- Stack ’em up and layer/top with your favourite toppings! You can get creative here and add anything you like. I personally decided on maple syrup, coconut yoghurt and fresh strawberries!
Our range of Lean Protein Powders works perfectly in these pancakes! They are the perfect easy way to add a great boost of protein and also add some extra flavour and sweetness! Any flavour (vanilla, vanilla-berry, or chocolate) would work well in this recipe, as you can mix and match the toppings to whichever flavour you choose. Our proteins contain no added sugars, no artificial flavours or sweeteners, and are high in protein, BCAA’s and vitamin D!
If you have any questions, thoughts or feedback for us we would really love to hear from you!